So my brother Sean, my mom and I are getting ready for church back in Cypress. Mom is complaining about what Sean is wearing, saying the shirt is fine, but not to wear shorts.
Anyways, when we get to the building we split up when I look for a cloth that's black and yellow patterned, same as my shirt, thought it would be funny to use it as a tie so it kind of blends together. Making my way down the hall, Weston Garr and ? In front slowing things down. After checking out a few classes, tying my tie in the crowded bathroom, I find the entrance to the ysa chapel.
I see a girl who I'm not interested in, a friend come up to me, wave at a few people, then she asks why I haven't been responding. Just then my phone receives a message from her, we conclude it might be because I lived far away and for some reason when we got on the same network they came through.
On to the good part, I make my way to another room, might have been a cafeteria if sorts, and see an old friend, I think his head might have been down. Anyways he's super excited to see me, gives me a hug, asks me how I'm doing. Talks about someone he wants me to try and visit, and as I do I realize he's trying to set me up on a date, but I'm a good way. Remind me of Brian (Bryan?) from church employment. I comment on the picture saying, "funny how all the good ones are 3 fences and a flight of stairs away." So we're taking, he's so nice and loving and kind, complimenting me on how much the ward misses me and (it's super embarrassing cause it's like me complimenting myself) asking all the right questions and actively trying to help in all the right ways. Anyways, he asks what kind of girls I'm interested in, I say, "Any girl I can get that I'm attracted to, I'm pretty desperate." He laughs and puts his arm around me, he totally understands.
Anyways, nothing really happened after that, but I woke up in tears. I often think of myself a failure and my trials as punishment, not necessarily out of anger, but judgements and justice. Anyways, after this dream I felt a connection of love with my Savior and an effort of doing everything He can for me that I've never felt before. I've been so alone for so long, I have nobody to confide in, celebrate with, or even counsel with. Heavenly Father is there, but it's a non physical almost silent feeling most of the time. It was nice to see someone want what I wanted as much as, if not more than I wanted it. I am grateful and I think this Christ is more correct. If course this doesn't mean that Christ can't play matchmaker, or that I'm un-datable, but whatever it is, He knows perfectly, even better than i, and is fighting for the best outcome for my sake regardless of my lack of trust, imperfect perspectives, and whack priorities.
No comments:
Post a Comment